Friday, August 7, 2020

Book Review: The Test of My Life, an Autobiography of Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer)

My favourite genre of books is autobiographies and therefore my favourite book happens to be 'The Test of My Life' an autobiography of Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer), among the others that I have read.
About the book:
The book is written by Nishant Jeet Arora, Sharda Ugra and the cricketer himself. It focuses mainly on the most important aspects of Singh’s life - Cricket and Cancer. 

These two, in the real sense, years ago were the Test Of His Life - therefore this is the title of his autobiography which was written in 2013 after he successfully defeated cancer.  

Why do I recommend only this autobiography? 
I have read a few autobiographies before this one and their main focus revolves deeply on the person's achievements, successes and everything that brought glory and fame to him/her. Honestly, I am not a fan of reading just success. I believe in reading books that discuss in detail both the ups and downs of a person’s life. This book is the perfect example of exactly this. It talks about the fair share of problems that Singh faced in both Cricket and Cancer. Similarly it talks about all of his successes, big or small, which brings about a balance.

Why do I relate to this book? 
Now most of you may think what’s the big deal to read in a book that talks about Cancer and Cricket when both these things could mean nothing to you?

For me, although I enjoy cricket, the cancer could have been omitted. But only after I read the book did I understand that this book is what I resonate to despite not having a connection to any of them. 

More than being an autobiography this book is also a self help book to me. After knowing Yuvraj’s journey with cancer the book has taught me to stay positive, calm and how to be less hyper in most situations. The book has allowed me to believe in the little things of life and clinging on to one thing that you connect to the most, even when you feel like you have lost everything you ever had. I didn’t in believe this for a very long time until I discovered my hobby - running, and have got back to it after about 6 years. 

Why do I recommend you to read about an eminent personality who has achieved so much?
I recommend you to read about specifically just Yuvraj Singh because of the simplicity this book has. I knew this book would have moments where I would feel at my best - happy and amazing, and some moments where I would feel empathetic and painful to read all about his journey. 

Now I strongly believe the saying Leave Footprints on the Sand - this book lets you effectively believe it. By reading Singh’s journey who is a successful cricketer today I understand that it was written to let people believe in themselves way before any unwanted guest enters. It motivates you for a better tomorrow, with or without Cancer and Cricket both. 

- Ushma Shah (Team SYNC Snippets)

                              

6 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to read this book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to read this kne for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review. Not misleading at all. Looking forward to more book reviews on this blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review! I will definitely pick this book up soon. Thanks to the writer who recommended this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely read this book, after reading this review 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ❤️ I think it's a perfect review,awesome insight n absolutely inspiring. A definite read!!!
    You have encouraged us to read this inspiring book of an absolute prominent personality.

    ReplyDelete

7 Shoulder Exercises for Strength and Stability

It's time to focus on shoulder workout for improving your torso strength and stability. Shoulder strength training can reduce your risk ...